Civil Servant / Administrator
Concept/Bio: Civil Servant / Administrator / Technocrat
Lifepaths: City Born, Student, Advocate, Lead to Villager, Town Official, Lead to City Dweller, Municipal Minister
Age : 38
Stats: Wi: B6, Pe: B5, Po: B3, Fo: B3, Ag: B4, Sp: B3, Speed Mult.: x3.5
Attributes: Ref: B4, Ste: B5, Hes: 4, Hea: B4, MW: B9, Circles: B3, Resources: B5
PTGS: Su: B2 Li: B4 Mi: B6 Se: B7 Tr: B8 Mo: B9
- Work on the great pyramid is draining the life from Egypt. It must be slowed or stopped, so that resources can be used to repair aquaducts and buildings. First I will present my case to the vizier’s court, but if they will not listen I may have to take more drastic action.
- The nobility are petulant children who have never grown because they have their every whim met. They know what they want, but not what is good for Egypt. We civil servants must guide them to the right decisions. I will find opportunity to inspect the nobles orders to ensure they are doing nothing unwise.
- My friend Karnefhere’s wife is a harlot and a money grabber, only out to take advantage of him. I will ensure that she never inherits any of his family wealth. First I must ensure she shames herself infront of his family.
- Always Avoid the Topic on the first volley of a Duel of Wits [to gain time to think about my line of argumentation and assess that of my opponent].
- Always oppose changes he didn’t have a hand in instigating, at least until he’s had chance to properly assess them.
- Buy the very best or not at all.
Traits: Evasive, Pragmatic, Scheming, Shrewd
Skills:Administration B3, Bureaucracy B5, City-Wise B2, Construction-wise B2, Etiquette B2, Falsehood B5, Foreign Languages B2, History B2, Interrogation B3, Intimidation B, Law-Wise B3, Minister-Wise B2, Oratory B3, Persuasion B5, Philosophy B2, Rhetoric B3, Rule of Law B3, Streetwise B2, Symbology B2, Town-Wise B2, Ugly Truth B2, Write B3
Affiliations: 2D Civil Service, 1D Old Boys Network.
Reputations: 2D Keen Negotiator
Relationships: Kherpri (his wife) (Minor, immediate family), Noble Master (Significant, Rival)
Gear: Finery, Normal Clothes, Shoes, Parchment
Weapons: Bare Fisted I:B2 M:B3 S:B4 Add 2 VA – Fast Shortest
1. I’m assuming your character is or was married… what does he think of his wife?
Nizam’s wife is called Kherpri
Lets put it this way: I was thinking of paying for his wife as a relationship with a minor role, but I definitely wasn’t going to take the loving relationship complication.
I imagine Nizam will have married for appearance and because its the socially acceptable thing to do. He’ll have picked someone quiet and unassuming, from a reasonably influential family. She will be well kept, given everything she wants, but mainly so that she doesn’t get in the way of his work.
He will encourage her to have outside interests, so that she doesn’t have to spend a huge amount of time with her. He will however view it as a social contract. He will agree to be a good host and entertain her friends, and in return he will expect her to be a marvellous hostess for his colleagues.
I imagine the poor girl will have gone into this relationship fully informed, he would want that considering he is dependent on her living up to her part of the bargain, but I dare say anyone would chaff under such conditions, so their marriage is probably showing strain. He probably actually feels more for her than he realises, but is unlikely to realise that until she’s gone.